Clifton, NJ Dental Emergencies
What is a Dental Emergency?
There are lots of different dental emergencies including tooth pain, trauma involving your teeth, and other dental issues. Your dentist is an expert at providing excellent dental care, right when you need it, whether it’s after-hours, on holidays, or on weekends. You never know when you or someone you love may have a dental emergency. It’s a comfort to know you are being cared for by a dentist you can trust.
How your emergency dentist can help you when you have tooth pain
Tooth pain can be severe, and it can be caused by:
- Tooth decay; your dentist will remove the decay and place a filling, a dental crown, or other restoration to strengthen and restore your tooth.
- A dental abscess; your dentist may begin root canal treatment to eliminate the dental pain. Root canal treatment requires at least 2 appointments to complete the root canal.
- Dental trauma; if you have lost a significant amount of tooth structure and the tooth can’t be restored, it may need to be removed. Your dentist can discuss a variety of tooth replacement options with you, including dental implants, bridgework, or dental appliances.
How your emergency dentist can help you when you have a soft
- If you have gum pain, your dentist can examine your gums for any foreign substances between your teeth, prescribe antibiotics in case of infection, or recommend oral hygiene techniques to help your gums heal.
- If you have gum pain from a periodontal abscess, your emergency dentist will thoroughly clean the area and irrigate it with an anti-microbial rinse. Antibiotics may be prescribed, and you may be scheduled for periodontal therapy.
If you have a soft tissue injury resulting from an accident, your
dentist will clean the area and may place sutures if necessary, so
you can heal properly.